Thursday, October 28, 2010

Break-Down of My Day

Hello!

Today was almost as un-eventful as yesterday. Which is yet another nice relief in comparison to the day before. :)

But, just because I have some time I'll go ahead and give you all a break-down of my day:

6:50 AM - I woke up, got dressed...just as a side-note, I'm trying this new thing where I actually get dressed in real clothes (not sweats or PJ's) every day and it has actually helped me stay awake...I don't know, it could just be a placebo effect. And yet another side-note, I just tried to explain the term "placebo effect" to my Samoan DTS leader and he just looked at me and said, "You're freaking me out. And what's even freakier is that I think you're speaking English." Okay...back to my day.

7:30 - Devotional. I have no recollection of what we talked about today...I think it was about God.

7:45 - Quiet time. My favorite part of the day! BUT the lights over my bed are out so I've been squinting for the past few days. I talked to God about some very heavy things today which made me feel quite overwhelmed, however I just asked Him to deal with it all because I personally didn't have the strength to...and throughout the day I actually started to believe that!

8:30 - Work Duties. Boring.

9:00 - We studied 3 different ways of studying the Bible - Inductive, Meditation, and Topical. In all honesty every single one was presented in the same way there was pretty much no difference between them - weird.

10:00 - morning tea...I confess...I ate three bowls of cereal....I don't know what happened.

10:30-12:00 - Learning French. I can now officially tell hello, what my name is, where I live, and "can you pass me that apple OR potato"...and that's really it. So basically, I can successfully communicate: "Hello. My name is Clancy, can you pass me that apple or potato in the United States?"...real helpful.

12:00-1:00 - Phonetics. Interesting yet incredibly boring, I don't know how that's possible.

1:00 - Lunch. I slept through lunch (3 bowls of cereal will do that...)

2:00 - Lectures start again...I slept through this part too...

2:30 - I was woken up by a staff member wondering if I was sick. I acted very startled and apologetic and ran upstairs...little did they know I KNEW lectures had started and chose to stay in bed...oops.

2:30-2:45 - I listened to the last part of our "translation" lecture...trust me, I didn't miss ANYTHING.

2:45-3:30 - Grammar. I still haven't figured out why we're learning English Grammar...neither has the staff. And tomorrow we have a test. Wow.

3:30-4:15 - Computers...really?

4:15-5:00 - Anthropology. FINALLY!!! Something I'm seriously interested in! As of yet I've been looking into either being a sociology major or an anthropology major so I LOVED this lecture. I was thinking the other day, "hmmm...I always thought I would be a theater major, why do I want to study sociology or anthropology?" And then it hit me! Those would BOTH be incredibly beneficial to acting! Hello....the study of people and the way they interact and live?! God's awesome.

5:30- Dinner!!! We had a delicious "fall" dinner!

It is now 6:30 and I don't have anything planned for the rest of the evening.
It sounds like I have a super bad attitude towards this week's lectures. To be honest, I'm having a hard time being super positive about it, we all are...staff included. We were all told that they were going to come in and teach us French and Anthropology...but we got grammar, phonetics, computers, translation, alphabet, etc. So, it's just been an adjustment...oh, and they're making us do homework and have actual graded tests that don't really count for anything so it's been incredibly hard mustering up the motivation to do it all. You know? But, I DON'T hate this week, I promise! :) It's just not my favorite! :)

Well, now I'm going to go relax! I recently got a LOT of new music, so I might just sit somewhere and listen to it all! :)

G'Night! :)

Update: I had SUCH a fabulous night after writing that last part of the entry! I listened to music with LaChelle - We listened to Brooke Fraser, Brandon Flowers, and I introduced her to The Raconteurs. I dyed her hair. We painted our nails. Had a shower date. However, I didn't wait long enough for my nails to dry before I took a shower so I had to re-do them when I got out. But, it was fine because we listened to Taylor Swift while eating oreos so basically, it was amazing!!! :)

THEN I got to skype with my momma! She woke up at 5:45AM to skype with me...that's REAL love! Now, I'm going to bed and she's going BACK to bed. :) We have a day full of tests tomorrow...those tests that don't actually count for anything... :)

I will talk to you all later! :)

G'Night Again! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clancy, Bonjour (that is about the sum of my French knowledge) Sounds like a great day because at the end of it there is God in all of it.

    If you want to listen to a great album get your hands on Brooke Fraser's latest Album - Flags you will really enjoy it.
    Thats all.

    ReplyDelete