Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm So Freaking Excited!

G'day all!

Today has been an eventful day! Where do I begin?

I "slept in" today until 8:30 then lounged around the base all morning. Then a girl named Lachele and I made the long walk to the nearest mall to drop off some letters to our men back home. On the way to the post box we passed a fruit store and couldn't resist getting some Australian mango and New Zealand kiwi!

Then it was back to the base for the official "Barbie-que" to start the DTS! Their idea of a barbecue is lamb hot dogs and curry...weird. Then we went outside and played some "team bonding" games to get to know eachother.

Then....we learned the game of Rugby!!!! And you know what? I was one of the best girls on the team!! And the only girl to make a touchdown! Well, they don't call it a touchdown, they call it something weird like a downy or something.

Following the game we had a quick tour/history of this YWAM base and then showered up for dinner. After dinner was our orientation/welcome to the DTS! There was aboriginal dancers, worship, words of prayer, dancing, and even a guy that did the haka!!! I'm so excited about everything! They're all about using different types of dance, song, and words to worship! It's all about what you're gifted in and what nation you represent! Just in my room alone we have 6 different nations represented!

My favorite part of the night was when they called each one of us up and gave us a piece of paper telling us the words that they received for each of us while they were praying for us. My words were:

Ephesians 2:19-20 "You are in His family!"

Matthew 6:33-34

Psalm 39(:5) "Remember life is but a breath, so make sure it's a life that glorifies Him!"

Psalm 23

Ephesians 2:3

I can't wait to get back to my room and look up the meaning of each of these words!!

What was really cool was that during the time when the staff prayed for the students one of the staff members came over and spoke a word over me that was almost verbatim to one of the words on my paper!!!

Basically, to sum up my feelings...I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!! :)

But, it's been a long eventful day and we have a very early breakfast in the morning! Please keep me in your prayers and don't forget me! :)

G'night!

1 comment: